Introduction to the Company
Aventus is an open source, decentralised blockchain that revolutionises the way digital assets are issued, owned and transferred across value chains.
We are seeking an experienced and highly technical Test Development Engineer who is well versed in QA, software development and test automation, and who is interested in a QA role focused on the “insides” of the enterprise technology stack.
The mission of the QA engineer is to build a comprehensive automated QA infrastructure for Aventus blockchain platform and middleware components integrated with it.
In addition to platform development, Aventus runs production PaaS offerings for AvN such as API gateway and custom build integrations with clients’ enterprise applications. The role requires creation of the appropriate combination of component, integration, functional, stability, soak, performance, stress, security and other testing, as well as tools and processes necessary to ensure the continuous operation of Aventus network at the required SLA levels.
Candidate Specification - Technical Skills
- Research and implement new technologies and techniques to help support various parts of the testing process for the platform, including both functional and non-functional tests of the API and core node functionality.
- Help measure how closely the product meets our quality goals and highlight risks.
- Contribute to the development of an overall testing strategy.
- Think autonomously to lead the design and development of complex test scenarios and test cases.
- Help the development team create test plans on new work items before
- development starts.
- Lead the design and development of test frameworks from scratch, where
- Look for security vulnerabilities in internally developed systems.
- Highlight gaps in test coverage and develop guidelines that encourage better
testing, increase test coverage and improve the release process.
- Define and lead best practices for achieving higher test reliability and speed.
- Lead the design and implementation of automated integration tests.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and proactively support knowledge sharing
across the entire team
- 5+ years experience as a Test Engineer / SDET / Automation Tester for an enterprise platform product.
- Familiarity with concepts such as APIs, messaging queues, distributed systems, software libraries, Linux command line tools.
- Ability to clearly communicate test results (using relevant tooling/dashboards).
- Knowledge of git, branching, continuous integration testing and test automation.
- Familiar with different testing strategies and able to elaborate on their advantages and disadvantages.
- Opinions on what technologies and standards we should use now and in the future.
- Writing clean, standards-compliant, scalable, reusable, quality code.
- Working with agile, cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of different testing paradigms (unit, integration, systems, acceptance) and when to apply them.
- Prior knowledge of blockchain development (more specifically Ethereum) and the underlying technologies including consensus, decentralization, financial incentives and cryptographic protocols.
- Great interpersonal skills and a willingness to go above and beyond when collaborating with the rest of the team
- Autonomy and capacity to explore new technologies and understand complex code independently
- Ability to propose solutions and take ownership of their own work
- Ability to quickly grasp complex problems and turn them into productive work
- Ability to talk to developers as well as product owners to identify flaws of coverage
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Familiarity with BFT-style consensus systems.
- Experience with Parity’s Substrate, or a willingness to learn the architecture.
- Experience with Distributed Application testing.
- Experience with Network Security testing and penetration testing.
- Experience with Performance/Load Testing, and statistical knowledge to analyse (performance) test results
- Experience with Docker.
- Relevant Software Testing certifications
- Familiar with several testing frameworks, possibly across different languages.
- Experience in developing or extending testing frameworks (in our case extending Substrate testing environment when needed) with the ability to help us structure the code in a way that is easy to abstract, mock and unit tests
No agencies please.